Sunday, August 26, 2012

Ugh, a New Robot

So I was thumbing through backlogged ideas of cool stuff that I could do, when I saw on my DeviantArt that The Combat Mini-Sentry Robot got a ping, and I decided to design another one, this time based on the dispenser. That may have been a mistake.

Well, you can see him there on the side, and of course all the problems that come with trying to find an iconic Engineer item that you can wrap robot limbs around and turn into a Portal robot become immediately apparent. Once the Sentry was gone, there isn't a single shape that fits the bill the same way. Maybe I'm too structured in my thinking, but the dispenser's boxy shape just doesn't work.

 Use the comments to tell me what you think. Make suggestions! This guy's design is bugging me, and not just because I was really lazy while throwing together his limbs. Is there a more iconic engineer shape you would recommend, or some other thing I should use?

No comments:

Post a Comment