Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Crawling Explosive

Version 1
The Driver
Level .08 Sticky Launcher
Grenades explode on timer or direct hit
Alt-fire causes them to change direction
appropriate downside

Version 2
The Driver
Level .08 Sticky Launcher
Can only have one bomb out at a time
M1: Fires bomb, bomb adheres to surface and crawls
M1 (while bomb is out): Bomb changes direction by 90 degrees
M2: Detonate
Bombs cannot be destroyed (?)

Now, I had this idea because I thought it was cool, but I ran into some trouble. I wanted to create a navigable sticky similar to the Bombchu from Legends of Zelda, but there aren't enough keybinds to fully control a bomb that works like that.

If you're trying to figure out how the launcher I designed works, the rear handle rotates (technically it rotates the other way) to open the loading hatch for the next crawling sticky. Once loaded, the back handle rotates in-line with  front handle, then pulls back to prime the charge.

If you have any suggestions, quips, critiques, commentaries, or insults, drop 'em in the comments sections. I love that stuff and if it's great I'll post it here on Fridays. If it's not, well, I'll weep myself to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment