Saturday, January 22, 2011

Voice Lines, Part I

Scout:
While snared in slowdown:
C'mon, c'mon!
Work, dammit!


Getting an environmental kill:
Watch your step, chuckles.

Using Mad Milk:
Does my body good!
You got something on your shirt--zing!

Getting a Fish Kill:
(shouts number of hit), (laughs)

Soldier:
Buff Banner/Battalion's Back-up Activated:
Let's bring the pain, boys!
Into the breach!
Sic 'em!

Blocking Crits with Battalion's Back-Up:

Your luck just ran out, son.
Where is your crocket now?
Take your fancy damage multipliers and go home, son!

Respawning after suiciding:
Let's try that again.
One more go!

Pyro:
the mumbling is implied
Extinguishing Ally:
Feel better?
You're welcome.

After a successful axetinguisher kill:
Tag, you're it!

Demoman:
Collecting several heads in a row:
Come and get me, I say!
I'm a grim bloody fable!
I think I nicked your ear.

Dying to fall damage:
Dammit.
Ach, that smarts.
Whoopsie!
I think I misjudged that one.
My ankle!

Heavy:
With GRU out:
(huffing and puffing)
(panting)

When a nearby medic is being damaged:
Protect the doctor!
Get behind me doctor!

Engineer:
Having an ally destroy a sapper on your building:
Thanks, pardner.
Thanks, buddy.

After destroying several sappers:
Come on out n' try again, Frenchy.

Multiple buildings are sapped simultaneously:
Boys, we have a saboteur!
There's a spy in my camp!

Medic:
Death with >90% ubercharge:
Noooooo!
My life... wasted.

Activating ubercharge:

Forward, my minions!
Forward or you will be shot!

Behind allies calling for a Medic:
Over here!
Follow me!

While blocking damage with uber:
I am invincible!
Thank me later, kill them now!

Sniper:
Upon having your Razorback broken:
You hear something?

Upon surviving a headshot:
That was a close one.
Must be slipping.
Lucky day.

Spy:
Upon catching fire:
Tiresome.

All Class:
These are ideas for additional opportunities for audio responses for all classes.
Picking up a full health kit while "in the red".
Getting airblasted.
Seeing an enemy pop an uber
Shooting a critical hit
Killing an enemy at long distance
Witnessing an ally get killed
  • perhaps make this one extremely rare, or only when allies are on your Steam Friends list
Killing the top scorer on the enemy team
Killing a hat-wearing enemy.
Thanking an ally who killed someone who damaged you recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment