Friday, November 23, 2012

SPUF Character Contest 2 Winner: Stamda

The Mercenaries in TF2 are just guys. They work their jobs--blowing things up, shooting people in the head, shooting lots of people in the head, keeping people alive, shooting people in the head with rockets--but they're regular guys from a variety of backstories.

Those backstories are arbitrary, and I wanted to change them. Not because I think they're bad, but they're arbitrary and I wanted to see who else could do these jobs! So I challenged SPUF and said "Show me your moves!" Design a new version of a TF2 class, write a couple voice lines for 'em, tell me what their default melee weapons, and I promised them that I'd put them here.

Well, here's one by Stamda, who won the contest! Runners up to follow!

The Sniper
Bio: Stay off her lawn! A curmudgeonly old hag from Fort Gratiot Township, Michigan, this geriatric banshee of a woman can thread bullets through skulls as easily as she can string into sweaters! If you don't get a head full of lead, you'll sure as hell get an earful of berating from this living insult generator! She's mighty good at cribbage and checkers, too.
Appearance: Wrinkled, sunken face, gummed mouth, bifocals, an orange wig, a nightgown and slippers. Stands with a hunch, runs with a hobble and swings melee weapons meagerly.
Weapon changes:  -Rifle is an ironsights rifle with a crack in the stock and a piece of fake hair stuck in the ejection port. -SMG is dual Scorpion variants that are heavily beaten, with a tally mark (totalling 7) labeled "Husbands" on the right gun. -Melee is a rolling pin with flour and blood on it.  Voice: Raspy, wheezy, and intended to annoy.
Voiceline examples:  Kill streak: "Do they kill boys at birth now or what?" Headshot: "Here, let me help your miserable wife out!" Melee dare: "Don't run, you'll just die tired and an embarrassment!" Dominating a Scout: "Nyeeheehee, my dentures are squrrielier than you, schoolgirl!"

No comments:

Post a Comment